Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Patrick's Daily Routine

I'm constantly being asked how I fill my days here in Napoli. Well here goes. I usually don't get out of be until about 10am to noon. And usually that's only because I'm hungry or need the restroom. Once I'm up, I head out the door to grab a bite to eat at one of the nearby restaurants. After gorging lavishly, and drinking my fill of fresh wine, I head back home for the afternoon nap commonly referred to as "reposo." Reposo is similar to the Spanish siesta where everything closes for an afternoon nap.

After an hour or so of recharge, I wake to the sound of my alarm. Alarm you say? Yup, the alarm helps me to get up in time to finish my chores before the wife gets home from work. Been thinking about getting a maid for this but having difficulty taking the cost out of my allowance. Part of my chores is to have a hot meal waiting when the bread winner returns. So back out to a restaurant for take out. Take out is not common here so it's been a real challenge to explain to the waiter what I want. I've even gone so far as to try to call the order in and have it delivered. Have yet to be successful.

Delighted with dinner, Su-chun is content to relax by watching Italian TV. Most of the time, I don't have time to complete my chores before the bread winner returns so the wife's TV time is when I usually finish or more like start my chores. An added bonus to this strategy is it allows her to see that I actually pull my weight around the house.

As you can see, I have plenty of daily challenges being the house-husband. To my male friends expressing their desire to follow in my footsteps, hopefully this account will enlighten you on how difficult and demanding this dream really is.

Stay tuned for the rebuttal from the wife.

Comments:
Hey,
No one told me Chevy Chase was filming another movie in Europe. What is this one titled? National Lampoon's the Accidental Tourist goes to Italy? Or is it, The Life of a foreign house-husband?

What about the wardrobe for this movie? Is the lead character wearing a French (o no, an Italian) maid outfit?; slaving over a telefono trying desperately to order delivery.

Stay tuned for the hit series, Desperate House Husbands - in Italy!!

PS - If you are going to hit a parked car, make sure the owner is NOT in it!!

With luck like that, you should visit monte carlo.
 
Hey mandilon!

It sounds like you guys are having an interesting life. I really like the pictures and the whole idea of sharing your "life in Napoli."

Take care and say hi to the wife.

Keep us posted!
Saludos!!!
 
Hey Patrick & Su-chun,

We haven't seen a post in almost a month. What are you guys up to?
 
Oops! That last one was from me. I'm still trying to figure out this "comment" thing.
 
Patrick and Su-chun,

I'm with Charles. I want to see more posts!!! Japan's great. Check out our blog, too... just replace the "pasta-e-vino" from your title with "japanyears" and you'll find us!

Take care,
Mike
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?