Sunday, January 01, 2006
Bus Traffic Jam
The road in front of our apartment is small two-lane road that is moderately to heavily traveled. I’ve seen all kinds of antics pulled by Neapolitan drivers on this road such as driving in reverse, annoying horn honking, driving on the wrong side of the road, accidents, cars blocking entrances, you name it. But one day I heard horn honking and yelling that was not the usual. This time I decided to take a look and saw that two city buses were going head to head trying to pass each other in opposite directions. Rather then explaining, look at the following series of photos. Took them about 10 minutes to squeeze through but they did it. Another reason I don’t park on the street! 







Comments:
<< Home
It's funny to hear the trials of driving in Naples. Here in Japan, I think people just know that the streets are narrow and crowded everywhere, so oncoming traffic will simply stop and let the other traffic take turns. It's like the anthisis of aggressive driving here.
-Mike
-Mike
Hi Mike:
Driving here is never boring. I think after living here for awhile, we'll probably be able to drive just about anywhere in the world. May be that's why so many race drivers came out of Italy?
Su-chun
Post a Comment
Driving here is never boring. I think after living here for awhile, we'll probably be able to drive just about anywhere in the world. May be that's why so many race drivers came out of Italy?
Su-chun
<< Home
