Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

Ya-chi's Italia Journal: Pre-Trip Madness

I was afraid to oversleep so I took a “power nap” in the living room from 9pm to 2am. Well in theory it would have been good. Since I was still really nervous I ended up waking up every hour on the hour. I got up at 2 am, took a shower, ate a large “dinner”, played with the cats and took a cab to the airport where I met up with Heather. Check-in was smooth and we made it to the gate with plenty of time to spare. We flew from San Diego to Atlanta where I nicely spilled orange juice all over Heather. Great start for the trip!

From there we flew to Paris. Let me just say we had great seats. Heather and I both had aisles seats with some poor schmuck who didn’t speak English stuck between us. We had no seats in front or behind us so no kicking kids behind us or dealing with reclining chairs. Unfortunately I was still too pumped with adrenaline to actually get any sleep.

We had a layover in Paris where there were mass confusions. How dare those Frenchies expect us to read French! And what’s with the long walk between terminals without the aid of those handy conveyor belts. They need to get with the program and install them so they’ll get as lazy and fat as us. j/k

On the flight over to Naples we flew over Geneva, Switzerland which just looked completely gorgeous sitting next to a lake surrounded by snow capped mountains. We finally arrived in Naples 23 hours after first entering the airport in San Diego.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?